LAS VEGAS, NV (June 12, 2018) - Gaming Laboratories International (GLI®) announced that it will host its much-anticipated 11th Annual Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable August 6 - 8, 2018 in Lima, Peru, where Mr. Manuel San Roman Benvante, General Directorate for Casino Games and Slot Machines, Peru Gaming Regulator, will be the host regulator.
Presented by the global independent consultancy, testing, and certification laboratory’s world-renowned GLI University®, this year’s Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable is an educational event held free-of-charge and attendance is exclusively for gaming and lottery regulators and government lotteries.
Held at the Estelar Hotel - Miraflores in Lima, the 2018 Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable offers two informative days of learning, networking, and thought-provoking discussion. Gaming and lottery regulators and government lotteries will share and gain important strategic insights from industry experts regarding such mission-critical topics as iGaming, sports betting, licensing, development and implementation of new games, regulatory updates, money laundering controls, testing and certification, and more. Attendees will also experience cutting-edge technological innovations that are fueling the future of gaming and lotteries in the rapidly evolving Latin American and Caribbean gaming and lottery sectors.
Karen Sierra-Hughes, GLI’s Director of Latin America and Caribbean Government Relations and Business Development, stated, “We cordially invite gaming and lottery regulators and representatives of government lotteries to join us in Lima Aug. 6 - 8 for engaging discussions and informative presentations regarding the many important issues affecting the Latin American and Caribbean gaming and lottery sectors. Attendees will also gain valuable insights from our expert team of global specialists.”
“We are dedicated to enhancing professional relationships between regulators by building a solid foundation of mutual understanding and cooperation, and by promoting a common interest in the prosperity and regulated growth of the Latin American and Caribbean industry,” added Sierra-Hughes. “The Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable reaffirms our strong and continuing commitment to this important region.”
Comprehensive Agenda Covers Key Industry Topics
This year’s comprehensive Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable agenda offers attendees a wide range of important and timely topics that are critical to the success of the Latin American and Caribbean gaming and lottery sectors, including:
- Regulatory and Policy Development Best Practices - Establishing strong regulations that also allow for a thriving industry
- Online Gaming, Sports Betting, and Lottery - The preference of new generations; risk assessment approach for the incorporation of new games and products; regulation/supervision; mobile gaming; player identification; player protection; and security
- Best Practices in Technology and Certification for Lottery and Gaming Operations
- Standards for Sports Betting Regulation and Supervision
- Tools for the Professionalization and Institutional Strengthening of Government Lotteries
- Licensing Operations and Process for Renewals
- Latin America and Caribbean Regulatory Update for Land-Based and Online Gaming and Lottery
- Field Inspection and Supervision Processes for Land-Based and Online Operations
- Responsible Gaming
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- What do the Gaming and Lottery Industries Mean for Our Countries? Dissemination of industry facts; job creation; social responsibility; social causes; the industry as a business
Building on a History of Success
Last year’s Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable, held in Panama City, Panama, welcomed attendees representing government lotteries and gaming and lottery regulators from many countries across the region, including:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- Trinidad and Tobago
2017 Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable Attendee Testimonials
“Our industry is highly regulated, and it is, therefore, important to be able to respond effectively and immediately to new technological and regulatory trends. Precisely, the answer to those tendencies and their management are those that GLI allows us to study and focus on during Regulators Roundtables – a unique opportunity for all regulators from the industry to be able to share experiences and ideas so we can carry out our ministerial work effectively.”
- Jaime A. Irizarry Delgado, Gaming Director, Puerto Rico Tourism Company
“The Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable was a great opportunity to learn from the state first hand where the gaming industry stands in their region, with its different complexities and peculiarities. The opportunity to exchange experiences with other regulators, without a doubt, allows us to broaden our perspective and reflect on what value we want to add to this activity and how we take on the challenge of regulating it, taking care not only of the technological advances, but also to ensure that their development takes place within an ethical framework.”
- Vivien Villagrán Acuña, Superintendent of the Superintendency of Casinos, Chile
“It has been an honor for me to have attended the GLI Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable for the first time. This Regulators Roundtable has been a real success in terms of the quality of presentations, content and active participation of its participants.”
- Guillermo Olagüe Sánchez, Deputy General Director of Gambling Regulation at the DGOJ (Directorate General for Gambling Regulation), Ministry of Finance and Civil Service, Spain
REGISTRATION IS OPEN. (Registration is only for gaming and lottery regulators and government lotteries)
To register for the 2018 Latin American and Caribbean Regulators Roundtable, please click here.
Gaming Laboratories International, LLC delivers the highest quality land-based, lottery and iGaming testing and consulting and assessment services. GLI’s laboratory locations are found on six continents, and the company holds U.S. and international accreditations for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025, 17020, and 17065 standards for technical competence in the gaming, wagering and lottery industries. GLI also holds ISTBQ certification. For more information, visit gaminglabs.com.
# # #